Thursday, September 21, 2006
I heard via a forum of this organisation who hand out Eco-congregation awards to churches.
The Award is given to churches that have:
- undertaken an environmental check-up/audit
- and activities/initiatives in each of the following three areas:
1. spiritual – linking environmental issues with the Christian faith e.g. through worship
2. practical – practising what is preached e.g. an energy, churchyard or recycling project
3. community – worked with or through their local community on environmental issues
e.g. a litter pick, project with a school or other community group, gaining positive publicity.
I think this sounds like a positive start to an eco friendly church